I hope that you have lots to be thankful for today. Here’s a dessert recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake that you might like. A friend and I made it last night for Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
- 3 packages cream cheese — leave them out for 10-20 minutes so that they get soft
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice — (nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and allspice if you want to make the spice yourself)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pie crusts — this will either fill two deep dish pie crusts or one normal cheesecake crust. I like smaller cheesecakes in pie crusts, but a lot of people like 3inch deep ones with graham cracker crust.
- Mix the creamed cheese, brown sugar, sour cream and vanilla for 3 minutes.
- Beat in 3 large eggs until smooth.
- Stir in 1 pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into crust and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer to rack then cool for 5 minutes refrigerate and unmold the cheesecake. Usually, these are done in about 45-50 minutes if you used pie crusts.