To Bethlehem >> Quick Reference
This page will be updated as I finish writing the program out.
Practices marked with a star (🌟) are relaxes on Sundays, Solemnities, and Thanksgiving.
For more information on the reasoning behind these practices, please see the Practices Explained page.
Throughout the entirety of the program
- Those struggling with habitual mortal sin should go to confession weekly. Try to pick the same day every week. Others should go at least monthly.
- Try to go to daily Mass at least once or twice a week. (Clergy should be saying Mass every day!)
- Try to exercise regularly. For some, this means daily; for others, 3 times a week.
Beginning November 15
- 🌟 Abstain from meat (e.g., beef, pork, poultry)
- 🌟 Abstain from wine and liquor. Beer is permitted, but moderation is required!
- Abstain from technology use in the presence of others. Practice intentional attentiveness.
Beginning November 22
- 🌟 Abstain from dairy. This includes eggs, milk, cheese, etc. Replacements such as oat/soy/almond “milk” are not included.
- Abstain from social media except when needed for work. Use app timers to help.
- Practices marked with a star (🌟) are lifted. Social media and technology may be used to keep in touch with family and friends.
- Do your best to go to Mass.